Thoughts:

"There is no aspect, no facet, no moment of life that can't be improved with pizza."

Past Thoughts

Saturday 5 January 2013

Bumming people out to death

I just finished reading the first book of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and realised that, holy shit, I'm Marvin the Paranoid Android. It's probably just a matter of time before I bum people out to death just by talking to them for a few minutes. But at least Marvin has his times of perfect comic timing...

If you've noticed (or care at all, thanks for asking by the way) it's been a while since I drew any comics. I'm getting really self-conscious about my sense of humour lately. I don't know. It's not like I think I'm a fucking riot or anything pretentious like that but if you read nothing but Garfield and Calvin & Hobbes growing up and you sort of aspire to be a comic stripper (not quite in a "what's the deal with airplane food" jokes while lap dancing on a greasy bastard sort of way, though it's not really too much more dignified either so..) there is that sense of joy in being able to make people laugh. Maybe I'm just not funny, maybe I never was, maybe people were just really nice but now I really loathe sitting there drawing stupid comics knowing that people think I'm lower than Dane Cook. It's hard sometimes, you know? And it sounds really immature and childish to get so beat up over something like this but here was something that I thought I'm okay at and it turns out that I even suck at that. Then what's the point? I don't know.

See that? It's only been a few days into the year and I'm already in gear to bum people out. I read somewhere that January is like the Monday of all months. It's probably true. It sets you up with all these bogus hopes and wishful thinking that things are going to be different this year but then midway you realise it sucks just like last year sucked.

To add some positive news in this post, I'd like to report that we bought a new toilet today. Exciting stuff.

No comments: