Thoughts:

"There is no aspect, no facet, no moment of life that can't be improved with pizza."

Past Thoughts

Friday 13 April 2012

No clever titles here, move along now



"But come ye back when summer's in the meadow, or when the valley's hushed and white with snow. 'tis I'll be here in sunshine or in shadow."

I've come to realise that recently it's become more and more difficult to distinguish different realities. Which is actually kind of scary, as in, Nightmare on Elm Street scary (and I'm not being ironic). Like it pains me to hear this song, especially Judy Garland's rendition, all because of a fabricated reality.

I was thinking how Danny Boy is sort of a funeral song and considered that maybe I should play this at my parents' wakes, despite the fact that we're not even the slightest bit Irish. But here's the thing, if I were to sing this at say my dad's wake, I feel like he would literally rise from the dead just to tell me that I'm singing off key. That's just the kind of person he is and that's just the kind of relationship that he and I share so maybe I really should sing this just so he wouldn't have to stay dead.

No comments: