Thoughts:

"There is no aspect, no facet, no moment of life that can't be improved with pizza."

Past Thoughts

Saturday 10 December 2011

Rosé


Is this not one of the greatest musical piece about wine ever?? Ok so I'm not sure if it's because over the past few hours I've seen the Burberry Body fragrance ad around 50 times or if the song is actually pretty good (because I've been playing it on loop and it's been a cycle of absolute love to crying upon reflection on how much the song describes my life even when it clearly doesn't in any way to utter hatred and then back to love again) but I feel like the instrumental bits alone should be for a better, deeper theme than an alcoholic beverage, even if pink is your colour.


I know what you're thinking, "Oh God, did she really just google 'that song played on the burberry ad with that chick from transformers'?" I think you'll be pleasantly surprised that I didn't. I googled 'the song played on the burberry body ad with rosie huntington whiteley' because pffft I totally know her name and the fragrance line. Not sure how this makes me any less dorky to be honest. But yeah, so apparently the song was released in 2006 (was it 2006? It's pretty late I shouldn't even be writing shit right now) and then they, The Feeling, released this version for the ad and I think people have responded quite positively to it. Possibly because like me, they thought the singer actually said "Rooooooosie, I love your delicate way" which made it a sweet and sensitive sort of love song for a girl named Rosie. But the imagery in the advertisement itself is actually quite beautiful, I mean you can't really go wrong with Testino at the wheel.


Seriously though, now it sounds like one of those very few brilliant parodies you see on sketches where the melody to a song is just so moving but it actually has bogus lyrics. But brilliant nevertheless! Seriously listen to it, like seriously. I'm not even kidding you right now, swear to God that you'll listen to it. Because I don't what I'd do if you don't... aaaand that's cue for me to hit the hay.

No comments: