Thoughts:

"There is no aspect, no facet, no moment of life that can't be improved with pizza."

Past Thoughts

Saturday 12 November 2011

Here I bequeath Upon Thee a Simple Phrase

I love Christmas. There, I said it! Or at least December and early January because it's the holiday season and everything is just happy and vibrant at this time of year. This is the time where people would start putting up decorations and play Christmas songs (the joyous ones like I Saw Mummy Kissing Santa Claus and Jingle Bell Rocks not the depressive seconds verse of Silent Night or Hark! The Harold Angel Sings) or at least that's how I identify the season, that is what I almost completely grew up with. Shopping centers would have this massive throne where mall Santa would sit and listen to children cry and smile while the camera shutters click as the wee lad pees on his pants. By the throne there would be this gigantic Christmas tree that stands 3 storeys high engulfed in every single kind of ornament you can possibly imagine with lights that would twinkle gently every few seconds or so.

The other day when I was having a macchiato (I am so obsessed with those right now, or maybe it's just been a while since I had coffee..) at Starbucks, they were playing all these Christmas songs and I didn't want to get up. And I remember being so happy at that time, just sipping my hot coffee while I hear 'rocking around the Christmas tree at the Christmas party hop' playing, so I kept smiling. The freaky thing was I was there alone and this guy who sat across the room from me was staring like "what's in her coffee!" because I was smiling with my hands on my cheeks, staring blankly into the window behind him. Well I'll tell you what was in my coffee my friend, it was Christmas joy and cheer!

I have a paper due in 30 hours, meanwhile, I am looking for songs for my annual Chrissy playlist. Here's something just for kicks, can you guess my word of the day today? Ornament!

No comments: