Thoughts:

"There is no aspect, no facet, no moment of life that can't be improved with pizza."

Past Thoughts

Sunday 3 April 2011

The Tale of the Morning Caller

The room was still dark, the blanket decided to break free from the dictatorship that is my sleeping position and thought it had the right to have a mind of its own, and so it kept creeping to the other end of the bed. I would say it was a wonderful sleeping experience if it weren't for the fact that I'd been half awake since a few hours because part of me needed to go to the bathroom and part of me thought bladder could wait.

Then a strange sound burst through my half-dream-half-reality, it was the sound of my mobile phone, the strange, muzzled but familiar sound of the acapella closing theme to the popular tv show Glee that I personally think has experienced a decline after the second season began. I'd forgotten to put my phone on silent but even if I chose to ignore it, the caller persists on not hanging up and so the vibration of the stupid phone kept my senses awake forevermore. With a sigh I sat up and clicked on the 'busy' option of the phone and then silence and the bed wasn't shaking with a freaky, misleading notion.

When I began to sink into another dream, the phone began to ring again, it was the same unsaved number. Thoughts began to run through my head, was it someone at the hospital telling me that an acquaintance had an accident of some sort? Was it the police with a lead to an unsolved murder and found that my number was the last the victim had called before tragedy struck? Or was it perhaps just a jackass who thinks it would be funnier to pull an April Fool's prank 3 days late? I decided it was the latter and considered picking the phone up and yelling 'what the hell time do you think it better be asshole??' the incoherence of the message was due to the fact my mind was thinking of 3 different responses: what the hell do you want, what time do you think it is, and someone better be dying followed by the subject referring to the caller as asshole. Then I looked at the time, thinking it was 3 a.m. but it turned out that it was 7:46, then looked at the window to find the sun greeting my face and realised how big of a douche I would sound had I answered in such a manner. Rather than start a fight over the phone with someone who could be in grave distress, a policeman/woman or some jerk I possibly have never met before my instincts fought for me to go back to sleep, so again, I clicked on the 'busy' button. I then sank into a deeper sleep before waking up 3 minutes later to finally go to the bathroom.

And thus ends The Tale of the Morning Caller. I want to apologise if it was you calling, I'm known to be a bitch in the morning when I lack sleep. And I understand that it doesn't justify anything so I propose another point: if it was so important, said caller could have called again in 75 minutes when I was awake and happy. Lol, no, seriously I'm sorry about that..

No comments: