Thoughts:

"There is no aspect, no facet, no moment of life that can't be improved with pizza."

Past Thoughts

Tuesday 5 April 2011

Current Affairs, Schmoorent Affairs!

 Gray Area: News

I wish I could say that I'm well informed, I really do but then I'd be lying and I don't like lying. There's always too much cold sweat, skipping hearts and judgmental eyes upon discovery when I lie and I'm not a fan of any of those things. And as much as I'd like to blame the news for being too unappealing for readers with small attention span --like yours truly to read, that would just be plain awful of me to not take responsibility over any of my self inflicted negative traits and I don't like being awful, there's always too much cold sweat, skipping hearts and judgmental eyes upon my self hatred for me to enjoy any of it. So instead of blaming the ugliness of newspaper paper or blaming myself for being an ignorant prick, I will choose to justify my dis-well-informed-ness by saying that it's depressing, especially recently when wherever I see there would be news on the air raids going on in North Africa, the rallies all over the Middle East and Pakistan, the possibility of Rebecca Black releasing a new single (lol I'm totally kidding, that would be epic shit! I so look forward to that) the nuclear leaks in Japan, the reviews of Justing Bieber's movie (you know I actually went to the bookstore the other day and his memoir is on the best sellers rack along with a book about Hitler, Lenin and Stalin, I don't know if I should laugh in delight or woeful irony because he's on the same par as mass murderers or popular political figures at this time of year), the abuses of certain groups basically all over the freaking world, Liz Taylor dying! I mean, why can't we have happier news anymore? Why can't newspapers be filled with puppies in a field of flowers under a perfect rainbow where leaders of the world would sing Kumbaya hand in hand as unicorns soar above, dancing in sync with the horribly flat singing. But that would be a lie by the media, and I don't like lies by the media. There is always too much so and so you get the rest involved.. 

But I digress, I will start reading the newspaper and watch the news when I hear about more potentially happier things happening in the world, and when they get a more appealing makeover. Maybe less Times New Roman and more Comic Sans. Problem?

No comments: