Thoughts:

"There is no aspect, no facet, no moment of life that can't be improved with pizza."

Past Thoughts

Saturday 23 April 2011

Misogynying

Gray Area: Misogyny
Ok, it was earth day and I had no idea. Is it no longer cool to care about the environment so people got stingy when it came to informing the masses or did I just not get the memo? Well, I didn't use the car at all today, I spent the whole day in my air conditioned room with the music playin', phone a chargin' while I was a sleepin' so how is that for contribution? :D

This strip actually deals more about women's right because it was Hari Kartini on the 21st and though I find it a bit ironic that we celebrate the mark of women emancipation in Indonesia by having parading girls dressed up in traditional clothing which seems a bit demeaning to me. Also, don't we still have a long way to go before we can celebrate? Women still have lower salaries compared to men doing the same job, some aren't even allowed to leave the kitchen let alone work, and something tells me lots of women are sexually harassed at work a la mad men.

And in case anyone is wondering, no, I still can't drive straight. At least not without causing serious damage to the city and/or people's body parts. Also, I am not a misogynist, repeat, NOT a misogynist.

No comments: