Thoughts:

"There is no aspect, no facet, no moment of life that can't be improved with pizza."

Past Thoughts

Wednesday 9 March 2011

Apocalypse How?

That title has been punned so many ways, whatever, I don't care, it's my damn turn!
Shouldn't their extinction speak for their forecasting abilities?
Disclaimer: You should read this post with a monotonic voice because that was how I wrote it. I'm in this weird state of 'oh why bother' depression and 'we are all one and at peace' enlightenment. Or if it's easier, read it in Professor Snape's voice. His is supposed to be the nicest male audio in the world.

So some people are freaking out about 2012, I'm not really freaking out about it. I joke about freaking out about it but nothing really hits me until it's the day before. For example, I have my mids in about a week or so and I'm here in front of the computer instead of studying or freaking out like most people already are doing. I say, why freak today when you can put it off til tomorrow? Good ol' procrastination has helped me and my blood pressure.

It's hard to believe that the end is nigh, even if a movie with John Cusack has dictated so. I mean 10 years ago people thought the world was going to end, something about 1999 and if I'm not mistaken, it didn't. Then the year later there wasY2K that gave us the impression that technology will start blowing up. If they meant 'sales are blowing through the roof' blowing up then sure, y not rite? Then there was the whole 666 drama, I swore to myself that I would freak out then and there but when I got to it on the 7th of June 2006, I realised nothing had happened yet. I heard that a baby with ominous attributes was born that day--which is questionable enough as it is, I mean I think all babies have ominous attributes, for example I was born with ridiculously gorgeous eyes and adorable cheeks. Perfection can be interpreted as evil-- that might have been a conspiracy set up by the pro-choice people. 'Abortion should be legalised under the circumstance that you are carrying the devil's child' makes sense to me. But then again, everything happens for a reason right? On second thought could that 6 June 2006 baby be the Biebs?

I think that people will become hypocrites when the day approaches. Like me for example, I'm going to start going to church or something soon enough. Try to convince God that I sort of belong in his VIP room. That's another thing! Which religious rendition am I supposed to believe here? A bunch of people tell me that the sign that the end is near, is that Jesus would somehow come back --like the one trip wasn't enough, I don't get what he sees in us or this place to be honest-- how do we know that he hasn't already come in the past? How do we know he's not Christian Bale? He's working a weird Jesus do recently and no one knows why the hell he's doing it. Is it for a role or is it for judgment day? No one really knows... But everyone is working that look nowadays, even bums are working that look. What if the end meant that people's sincerity and identities will cease to exist because we'll all end up hypocrites who are rocking the long beard and scraggy hair. That's a mild disappointment isn't it? To think that a race so great as ours would end like that. I don't want to disappoint you, the weekend is almost here, so yes, 2012 will be the end of the world, the rest of the universe will care because our annihilation will create a supernova and the world will explode with a loud bang.

No comments: