Thoughts:

"There is no aspect, no facet, no moment of life that can't be improved with pizza."

Past Thoughts

Monday 20 September 2010

Ending World Hunger Through Junk Food

Roooooooxanne... You don't have to put on that red light!

And thus ends our musical montage. Anyway, I went to a mall the other day and I noticed that a lot of fast food chains have this new program where they donate so and so percent of every so and so they sell to resolve world hunger (Ah the irony of it all...). And it left me thinking, why would I want to endanger my own health for the sake of world hunger? I don't exactly want to be obese for starving people if you know what I mean. Then it hit me, is this what they meant by putting the society before your personal self? I understand that the whole thing is voluntary but nothing really is voluntary anymore now is it? You will constantly have people judging you as if you're some kind of animal when you don't act all civil.

It's like this one time there was a.. presentation if you'd call it that at uni where it's basically this group of people who help the world and make the rest of us feel like prostitutes in church. The speaker --who evidently has a hard time not yelling at the microphone and completely obliterating people's eardrums, but hey, passion comes at a price right? :| -- asked those who have a conscience to stand up and to be honest, because I don't feel like I had one I wanted to remain seated but the everyone around me just glared like I had mustard all over my face so then I stood up. Then he said how it was mortifying for him when he gave the same speech and there were people who remained seated then I immediately felt like a prostitute in church who did the priest's son that Saturday night.

So am I actually an awful person who doesn't care for society or do I just have a problem with the channels I have found so far? It's likely that I'm more of the former who uses the latter as an excuse. So yes, I feel bad about myself. And all the while I wanted to go to art school that contributes nothing to the welfare of society...

On a completely unrelated note, I saw The Ghost Writer that has a strange score that sounded like it belonged in a harry potter movie. But then I developed a school girl crush towards Ewan McGregor.. weird because he's the type of person you'd like as a friend and nothing more. But it's a good story, especially because I'm into conspiracy theories.

No comments: