Thoughts:

"There is no aspect, no facet, no moment of life that can't be improved with pizza."

Past Thoughts

Sunday 1 August 2010

And on the Sabbath Day Thou Shalt Rest...

It's times like this I wish I was a Jew so I can tell people how much it offends me (and my waaaay older belief) that I have to work on a Sunday, but my people are racist so. The beginning of orientation is always crazy, first impressions are made and for some it's the same impression that sticks for the rest of their lives. I had that in the back of my thoughts though because I was so focused on staying up throughout the whole thing.

There was choir practice today which was obligatory and I think it's ridiculous that it would be. You know how in every singing competition there's always the bunch of people who make fools of themselves by singing like cats undergoing some good ol' waterboarding? That is supposed to remind us that the majority of the world sound like that, no matter how good you think you sound in the shower. So the idea of having some thousand people in a hot, claustrophobic environment singing -or rather 'singing'- did not sound like Romeo and Juliet to me, or actually it does because it's tragic. Just tragic. Am I being melodramatic? Probably. Not even half the people there actually sang though so it's nice that some of us understood our place.

The whole day was spent sitting with my legs crossed and spontaneously standing back up because it's supposed to be motivating or whatever so now I can't feel my legs. In fact I don't even know if they're still attached to the rest of my body, for all I know it's somewhere in Timbuktu trying to find me with no luck because it's missing some eyes. If anyone happens to see them, please kindly give them back, I will pay the expenses for express delivery if that helps.

Me and a group of kids got back to the thingo late after lunch, it's pretty miraculous that we even got there at all actually, I could feel the sun stalking us 4 feet away. How hot is that? (o hay..) Anyway, got there late and then got yelled at by some random guy in a boyscout outfit he outgrew in year 7. Good cop-bad cop facade to supposedly break us (good thing I have classified information concerning the whereabouts of Osama Bin Freaking Laden or that act would prove to be as useful as a window on a submarine) and make us feel like complete shit and then they let us in. I really didn't get it, I would have been fine if they left us out if the whole screaming was to show how harsh universities and professors are with late students, but making us feel like shit and then telling us we can continue with the program doesn't make you merciful, it makes you a pompous ass (sorry for the p word). Did you know that when people aren't in a good mood they tend to be less productive? The more you know...

Then we got bucket loads of tasks and assignments. One is to write an essay about who you are and what you want to do in the future. Fuck if I knew who I was or what I wanted to do would I really be a teenager? Let alone a teenager who spends all this time writing up this post instead of trying to figure out the answer to the above questions (in my defense the internet connection is being homosexual on me so I can't find material to write on). They expect us to become adults by this point in life, but hey, I still can't do stuff adults can so until I get my rights I refuse to take on responsibilities prematurely. It's times like this that I'm fine with being a citizen of a racist nation but still a democratic one nevertheless.

[/rant]
Now I'm off to find my legs.

4 comments:

Littest Things said...

I wish I could send this to those trantib and those who gave us fuckload of shits to do. Ha my word...

Anonimose said...

what the hell is a trantib?

Littest Things said...

mas2 berseragam yang marah2 tapi failed

Anonimose said...

oh maaf, saya tidaK taHu..