Thoughts:

"There is no aspect, no facet, no moment of life that can't be improved with pizza."

Past Thoughts

Saturday 14 August 2010

Parents Say the Darndest Things #infinity

I was watching mtv the other day (there was nothing else on) and realised just how similar Pink and Adam Lambert looked. The only difference being one is not here for your entertainment (o haay).

That has nothing to do with the rest of this post actually, it's just an observation I've made. Another is that apparently, parents here really watch over their kids. Mum was saying to me the other day about how she feels like she's not involved in my sister's and my life because she doesn't know what goes on at school, what kind of people we hang out with, whether or not we had crushes and all them but I told her that it's perfectly normal, I'm busy, she's busy and it doesn't bother me at all. I mean we.. no I turned out fine, I don't smoke, I don't do drugs and at night I don't sneak out the window to whore myself out.

I don't think you need to constantly check up on your kids, unless they have special needs of course. You don't want your kid to feel smothered in an environment where there should be trust instead of suspicion. I also hear that some of mum's friends actually look at their kids' email and text messages, sometimes they barge into their rooms for random inspections. It's pretty ridiculous but sad because it's probably true.

Privacy doesn't seem to be a right here and it's awful. Privacy is a right you obtain at birth, without privacy we are no one. Has no one read Big Brother? Really? Anybody? I haven't myself but I know the importance of not having someone over your shoulder 24/7. Fun bullshit fact: When you're smothered it's more likely that you crack and end up doing something rebellious as a symbol of your need for freedom.

In mum's words: Parents own their children until they're 21. Parents say the darndest things.. Shame on you Indonesian parents, it's your fault there are murderers, drug heads and prostitutes. If any parents are reading this, please, let your children go. Like the nation 65 years ago this Tuesday, they need to be liberated.

No comments: