Thoughts:

"There is no aspect, no facet, no moment of life that can't be improved with pizza."

Past Thoughts

Saturday 3 April 2010

Where is my pie?

I found myself looking at the sky an awful lot these days. When I come back form school, there is always this spot where I can see the sky without all the busy street lights and buildings covering it but my legs seem to keep moving so I can never fully enjoy it. Just yesterday the sky was covered with all kinds of different clouds and in some places, you can see patches of this ridiculous blue and it was so pure and uncorrupted! As if the smog from the city couldn't reach and pollute it. And all the shades of white, blue and gray made look like some renaissance painting and being someone who prefers realistic pictures, it hit me that these artists are competing with God, seeking the ultimate beauty of perfection.

But I really think it's made me more humble, recently I've been concerned with things like what I'm going to do or what will happen to me if this were true and so and so. Yesterday among the brilliant clouds I saw a tiny thing which I can only assume was a plane just flying. You can seriously see how far away if was from the blue patches and the softer, whiter clouds and you could see how insignificant it was against the sky. We were further still, down bellow, looking up like idiots. I realise how insignificant and unimportant I was in this universe. It wouldn't matter to anything if I went left or right or ran around in circles, it would only matter to me. Everyone is so preoccupied with themselves, worrying about things that don't actually matter.

So the sky didn't give me apple pie but it certainly gave me a different outlook in life. Remember how I said I was a slow little chap? Yeah, I really am..

No comments: