Thoughts:

"There is no aspect, no facet, no moment of life that can't be improved with pizza."

Past Thoughts

Monday 22 July 2013

I swear DC is plotting to kill me

When the first footage of Man of Steel was released at comic con, I had been on the edge and constantly worried and excited about the movie until I finally saw last month. And now it's going to start again... Thanks you guys!

It's probably really messed up that I'm a lot more anxious about the Superman/Batman movie Warner Bros is planning to release in 2015 than I am about the direction where my life is going, right? At this point I'll be pretty psyched if I'm not homeless in two years but if a world's finest film tanks, then DC on screen will come into another dark age. I'm almost positive that the success of comic book movies is the major reason behind the longevity of the comic industry because back in the 90s it was pretty much dying because people just stopped buying comic books. Then this new wave of enthusiasts came about and the whole genre is thriving again so it'll be really sad to see comics wither away into obscurity because people lose interest in their heroes' silver screen realisation. I forget where I was going with this...

When I first read the announcement I practically freaked out. Nevermind that our presidential elections are happening on the same year and I still have no idea who's running or even who should run and what issues they should tackle first because why would they reboot Batman after only 3 years of the end of the commercially and critically successful Dark Knight series? Is it weird that I sort of want the movie to be like a 70s buddy movie? And whenever they'll transition between scenes we see:



This is strictly coming from a fan of the Man of Steel and the animated DC films and JL series but I'm interested in how they'll work out the dynamics between the two if supes was written as such a straight man in Man of Steel. How morbid a movie would that be? I'm not sure I'd enjoy watching an action movie with that much gravity to be honest and I'm pretty much game for anything when it comes to movies (seriously, I've noticed that I will pretty much enjoy and sit through anything besides the first Twilight movie which I attempted to watch but just couldn't).

Yup, pretty messed up.

No comments: