Thoughts:

"There is no aspect, no facet, no moment of life that can't be improved with pizza."

Past Thoughts

Sunday 26 May 2013

Exploring Awesome


I've been kind of obsessed with GeoGuessr ever since Soul Pancake introduced it to me. What you do is you get placed in this area on Googlemaps' streetview and you have to guess where in the world you are. It's kind of brilliant how the game manages to make you enjoy it but at the same time also feel immense humiliation from your lack of geographical knowledge (because I often make a guess and the correct answer is way off on the other side of the globe). Some of the locations and images are pretty bleak looking and sometimes they're just gorgeous, like this scenery from the borders of Botswana and South Africa, somewhere around Nossob. That's just such a beautiful image though. Can you imagine seeing it for yourself as you ride in your car with the windows wound down and the highway wind rustles your hair violently?

I love travelling. I love the escapism and exoticism side of it. I love the temporariness of the bonds and attachments you form with the people you meet along the way, but at the same time putting so much trust into the hands of these strangers and how they would do the same to you. I love seeing nature and being overwhelmed by how fucking amazing it is. I love sitting in a bus filled with people speaking languages that you don't understand. I love travelling, it kind of makes you wanna break into song!




Which also reminds me our term break is coming up in a few weeks and I haven't planned any trips. Partly because I'm broke as from buying a new laptop since my old one crashed right during our mids, and partly because I don't have anyone to travel with. Maybe it's a good time to start my first solo trip. I should get a paying job and start working for my India trip. I should really study for my exams.. probably...

No comments: