Thoughts:

"There is no aspect, no facet, no moment of life that can't be improved with pizza."

Past Thoughts

Thursday 8 November 2012

If I stay in this room they'll remember me for my youth

So here I am, sittin' in the dark, watching one video after another without actually doing any editing whatsoever... I feel like Howard Hughes--without all the moolah. Or you know, the whole mental part of his life...or actually, come to think of it, any part of his life at all!

Speaking of moolah, Obama got another 4 years in office, how exciting is that? Not really, I'm mostly just glad Romney didn't win. You'd think US politics would have no effect on someone so far away from that part of the world --or any part of the world, really--but it actually does, seeing as they love to meddle in everyone's business. Also, I have family in the states whose well-being will be affected by the regulations promised under Romney's rule. Never really been one for politics but I actually found myself biting my nails on Wednesday as they counted up the votes from Ohio.

But back to the video thing, last week my friend and I went around town to shoot something and even though he did all the work, it was incredibly tiring to be the cameraman! I know this sounds horrible but I've never thought that cameras were such hard labour, I've always thought, "well all they got to do is stand still and hold the damn thing," right? But it takes a lot of work and consistency, not to mention stamina! Of course I was a shit cameraman if ever lived one so I contributed very little to the shoot, but that was a really fun experience, sure I felt like sleeping for 3 weeks afterwards but it's not like I'd want to have traded it for anything. Now that I think about it, I hope we never manage to invest in a tripod else I'd be out of a job...

And now back to Howard Hughes!



No comments: