Thoughts:

"There is no aspect, no facet, no moment of life that can't be improved with pizza."

Past Thoughts

Tuesday 17 July 2012

Marriage is a sham!

Gray Area: Life

I remember when I got the Game of Life my sister went batshit insane because I could've gotten Monopoly and saved $2. Unlike Monopoly that's completely endless because I wasn't ruthless enough --when the odds are in my favour-- to bankrupt my friends by periodically loaning them money with reasonable interest when they can't pay for my 3 hotels, the Game of Life ends in death (or retirement? Depressing either way, what does it matter?) and there were rules that I still never really understood like purchasing stocks, getting married, having babies if you landed on certain squares --which was frighteningly accurate in depicting the real life phenomenon that most if not all babies are the result of chance and accidental miscalculations, and buying houses that you can't actually afford. But because like Monopoly it involves currency, cleaning up and setting up the game was a bitch which is why it now sits under the stairwell as well as inches of dust bunnies --like every other forgotten childhood memories-- where it has stayed for a good 5 years or so.


Here's the thing though, I don't remember if you really had to stop to get married before you can spin and go again or what, but that could lead to some serious conversations, can you imagine playing that with your girlfriend who has been waiting for you to pop the question for the least 2 of your 5 years together? So much for game night...


More importantly, politically correct people are the worst!

No comments: