Thoughts:

"There is no aspect, no facet, no moment of life that can't be improved with pizza."

Past Thoughts

Friday 18 May 2012

Christmas Eve: A Poem by Bill Watterson


Bill Watterson is like the life coach we all desperately need but will never have, that's why I consider all his works a gift.

I know it's not Christmas, it's nowhere near Christmas.. not even the one in July but if I wanted to post something about Christmas then it shall be Christmas any damn time I please! Is that enough Christmas for you?

Can you read the poem though? The picture is a little small:

On window panes, the icy frost
Leaves feathered patterns, crissed & crossed,
But in our house the christmas tree
Is decorated festively
With tiny dots of colored light
That cozy up this winter night.
Christmas songs, familiar, slow,
Play softly on the radio.
Pops and hisses from the fire
Whistle with the bells and choir.
My tiger is now fast asleep
On his back and dreaming deep.
When the fire makes him hot,
He turns to warm whatever’s not.
Propped against him on the rug,
I give my friend a gentle hug.
Tomorrow’s what I’m waiting for,
But I can wait a little more.

No comments: