Thoughts:

"There is no aspect, no facet, no moment of life that can't be improved with pizza."

Past Thoughts

Tuesday 10 April 2012

Chin up, life is a female canine

Dear Reader,


Thank you for your interest in buy-
ing this book. However, we regret
to inform you that despite your
impressive credentials, competition
in this field is extremely fierce and
unfortunately we are unable to grant
your request at this time. Best of
luck in the future.


Yours Sincerely,
Pocko

The above is a blurb for this little book called Dear Thank You Yours Sincerely. Dad gave it to me I think when I was in year 10. I'm not quite sure what he meant by giving me a book filled entirely of rejection letters received by Japanese artist, Atsuhide Ito but I think it was to show that rejection is something everybody faces, even the greatest of the great.

I think he meant to tell me that I should not admit defeat after failing once or twice because the book is filled with hundreds of rejection letters, each proving that the subject did not stop after the previous rejection. I think he meant to tell me that it shouldn't matter what people say because life is about timing and people will grow to love you as soon as you learn to love and accept yourself. I think he meant to tell me, in the best way he could, that he supported me...and I shunned him.

But the book is wonderful and woefully ironic but it's very entertaining. I always look to it when I'm down in the dumps.

No comments: