Thoughts:

"There is no aspect, no facet, no moment of life that can't be improved with pizza."

Past Thoughts

Monday 23 January 2012

What just happened here?



How is it that I don't remember this song at all? I don't recall having ever seen it and I must have watched the movie a dozen times, recently too! I'm starting to wonder if they cut it out of the versions I saw. I mean the overall theme of the movie is controversial enough without having an old geezer lust after a woman less than half his age and threatening to burn her upon rejection, but this seems to explain a lot about the character and a deeper reason behind his mental hunt for an otherwise random gypsy that taking it out of the movie would sort of rape it. Maybe I just blocked it from my memory? This scared the shit out of me and I only saw it a few minutes ago. The movie from my memory --without this scene-- already scared me enough.


Beata Maria? Holy fuck this shit is messed up. I need to go read the book now...


---
edit: it was on telly again so I rewatched it, definitely blocked it out of my memory. The character design is pretty spot on wouldn't you say?

No comments: