Thoughts:

"There is no aspect, no facet, no moment of life that can't be improved with pizza."

Past Thoughts

Tuesday 17 August 2010

Essay, I say: Prepare to be written!

On the occupation I aspire:

Originally, if someone were to ask whether I would like to be an economist I would laugh and judge their question as demeaning. In my defense, I used to think all there was to economics was counting other people’s money and properties and keeping it safe from inflation. In that statement’s defense, I was ten. Even not too long ago when my parents advised my going into the world of economists I respectfully declined their support. In my defense then, their reason behind it was ‘there will always be banks to work in’ and to be quite frank, that did not entice my youthful spirit the very least. Defense mechanism aside, I wasn’t too fond of economics until recently when I discovered that there was a lot more to the subject than stealing from the needy and giving to the rich –as much as that might be the best survival technique in such a depressing economy. I realized that it is one channel that I can use to lend a hand in changing the world for the better.

Growing up in a developing nation such as Indonesia gave me the opportunity to observe two very differing lifestyles, we have the ultra rich and powerful and those who have troubles making ends meet. And unless it’s clear, the problem there is the economic barrier between the two classes, both of which my family consisted.

So what do I want to be? Econogirl, helper of the government in lessening the economic barriers between citizens –or as others call it a minister of economics by day, Robin Hood (legally or course) also by day, except in a later time. Call me an idealist... No, I have nothing in response.

---
One of my essays, I'm still deliberating whether or not I should hand it in. People say I'm too sarcastic for my own good to which I say 'no frigging way!' :O
Do I think this is a joke? No, do you think I think this is a joke? How dare you! D:

No comments: