Thoughts:

"There is no aspect, no facet, no moment of life that can't be improved with pizza."

Past Thoughts

Sunday 6 April 2014

More generic adolescent angst

You know that cliché about someone saying they're going out to buy a pack of cigarettes? Where did they go? I mean, where did they really go, like, emotionally? There are places that people will find themselves, places that we won't understand until we've been there or are currently there ourselves. When we're there, we'll think, "ah, of course." But it's also at that very moment that you realise where you really are and you no longer wished you understand.

I'm not intentionally trying to be cryptic, it's just that some things are difficult to explain in a straight forward manner. Apparently this is the reason writers enjoy using metaphor, and through those metaphors is where many readers will find themselves lost. Again, places we won't understand until we do. Again, we might later wish we never did.

I will be on a plane very soon and I don't know where I will find myself when we land.

No comments: