Thoughts:

"There is no aspect, no facet, no moment of life that can't be improved with pizza."

Past Thoughts

Wednesday 3 July 2013

You can't spell 'world history' without I


I'm so bad at plugging myself. Mostly because I know what it feels like to be on the receiving end and having to listen to a bunch of nobs trying to sell me something, and even worse when it's themselves. It also feels really false, like I'd be conning people you know? Because I know I'm not all that, I'm alright but that's about it and nobody is going to settle with alright. Suppose though that I am beyond alright, that I'm mindblowingly amazing, that I'm the best you'll ever have, I still wouldn't want to say I am those things. It sounds so pretentious.

But it's not just about me having to say those things, it's just anyone saying those things about me. Like if our family went out for dinner and my parents decide to play that horrible game of 'whose child is more successful' with all the other parents, it feels mortifying. That is if they decided to plug me at all since my sister is so much more superior in every way that time would run out before they're done bragging about her. Anyway, what if you already say these things and build this expectation for other people as to who you are or what you're capable of doing, and then you show up and it's just not that amazing. Then everyone's all disappointed. I don't like that. What if you've already advertised something as being great and it's just alright. I'm just alright.

Having said that, now I'm tasked with the job of selling myself like an independent hooker because I don't have a PR team or pimp or anything. If by any chance someone is interested in what I have to offer and feel like buying something then I suppose it's not so much harm to plug myself here.


Joy Division is probably one of my favourite bands even though they only released a couple of albums. The tone of their music just fits and I bet a lot of people feel the same way. A few years ago I drew a picture of Ian Curtis crouching on my wall with charcoal and over the years the water that would often seep and leak through the ceiling when it's storming distorted the image but it actually looked sort of cool. Well recently I drew a cleaner version on paper (seeing as I probably won't stay in my old room much longer anyway and I'd like to bring the image with me) and now it's available on print in my Society6 store for $15 (shipping not included but often times they would have free worldwide shipping promos so keep a lookout for that). They also have a neat feature where you can print it as cases and skins for your iPhone. It actually looks pretty neat!


Anyway... It's a pretty good week wouldn't you say? I slept on the floor last night, don't know why I did but I did. Now my upper body is sore as hell and it's possible that I've got a cold.

No comments: