Thoughts:

"There is no aspect, no facet, no moment of life that can't be improved with pizza."

Past Thoughts

Saturday 26 January 2013

Copulate Thineself!

Gray Area: B Minor

I'm not the most talented guitar-a-playin' youngin in the world. Hell! I'm not even the most talented in the room and my room's only other inhabitant is a moth that flew in through the window yesterday afternoon. Be it as it may, it's part of my short term goal to learn how to play a musical instrument of some sort, and since the guitar is already there at my disposal, why not? Because my fingers are stupid, that's why not!

I've been listening to a lot of folk as of late and the simple chords (or at least that's how it looks at first glance, those sneaky bastards) that caress your ears as voices of greats like Peter, Paul, and Mary and the Bob Dylan chant pure poetry was the other thing that made me want to pick up the ol' guitar again. It's infuriating that I'm still trying to work on finding a sense of rhythm but we're getting there. Currently learning how to play Boots of Spanish Leather in finger picking style, which happens to have the same keys as Girl from the North Country. Consequently, the two chord that Billy is trying to play above are the first two of three chords in said songs.


Gray Area: Conscience

A few posts ago I was bitching about how I haven't been able to draw. I'm still not quite certain why that is (apart from sheer laziness) but it's really getting to my head. What do you do when the one thing that can make you happy instead makes you want to cry and eat bowls after bowls of ice cream? I DON'T EVEN LIKE ICE CREAM! You push through, just stop thinking and push through. Doesn't matter if it sucks balls, just rip it up to a million pieces and burn the remains to a crisp before anyone else can see it.

I can't believe I'm actually going to tell myself to think less! Didn't even think that was possible...

I had a dream once that was narrated by Gilbert Gottfried and when I woke up I was a complete bitch to every moving thing that passed my range of view. By that I mean more so than usual. Isn't that just a new sort of hell though? As if the little voice inside your head isn't obnoxious enough. So stop thinking, drown out the godawful voice forever.

The point of this post is: I'm drawing again, fuck you, society!

No comments: