Thoughts:

"There is no aspect, no facet, no moment of life that can't be improved with pizza."

Past Thoughts

Monday 18 April 2011

The Gift of Giving

I've never been good with this whole gift giving business. Another thing to add to my list of failures le sigh... No, I'm just not one of those people who can pick great gifts that reflect the person's personality or the ability to change one's perspectives on life. I like to give things that I made myself, maybe it's just that phase people normally have throughout pre-school/kindergarten, mum's always said I'm a late bloomer.

But with gift giving is the element of surprise and there's apparently just not a single ninja bone in my body so I can never make those things discretely. Like I was about to make a notebook for mum when she comes through the door because I forgot to lock it and I couldn't come up with a single excuse. I also have zero hiding spots, the best ones usually I forget myself, so when the time came for me to give the actual present we end up having a game of 'looking for presents in my closet', which is like Where's Wally except without all the red and white and there could possibly be roaches lurking around in all the dark corners. Lol that's not true, normally I just give up and put it under my pillow, nobody ever thinks of looking there (sarcasm by the way).

I'd like to point out that growing up, I never really liked getting presents, I liked opening them but then that's it. Not because I never like the gifts people give me but I just never feel like I wanted or needed anything, I feel like all throughout my childhood I was content. It just felt sort of spoilt. Actually, now looking back at it, I sort of regret not have taken advantage of the whole concept. What's important was cake, every single birthday we would have cake even if they're small ones that we buy at the grocery store or a 'cake' my parents fashioned out of donuts stacked into a tower, there was always cake. I guess that's just what I've identified birthdays with. We're not a very traditional family, and I like the fact that we're not. It makes me feel better about being cheap when it comes to gifts.

---
On a completely unrelated note, a platinum blonde Kirsten Dunst? I've always found her too regal looking as Mary Jane Watson.

No comments: